No matter the season, most Spring, TX homeowners know that a home without an air conditioner can be just about unlivable. Unfortunately, they often realize this once their air conditioner stops working altogether. At Morrow Mechanical, we are the air conditioning service company homeowners have relied on for over 20 years. Our technicians make even the most challenging situation simple, with honest advice, upfront pricing, and long-lasting solutions to even your most complex air conditioner repairs.
Worried that your air conditioner is already beyond repair? We also offer full AC installations services for homeowners looking for an upgrade.
Signs You Need AC Repair
While we always recommend leaving the air conditioning repairs to the experts, we do want our customers to be educated. Knowing the warning signs to look for can help you schedule a repair while it’s still minor, instead of waiting to come home to no cool air at all.
Some common signs that air conditioner repair is needed:
- Increased utility bills: If you notice your energy bill rising despite sticking to your regular thermostat settings, your AC may be running overtime to keep up with demand.
- Low airflow: Is your AC running constantly but not producing adequate cool air? Components in your AC might need replacing or there could be a blockage in the drain line.
- Unpleasant odors: If you notice strong, foul odors from your vents, the wire insulation could be faulty. Musty odors usually indicate a buildup up of mold inside the ductwork or unit that requires immediate repair.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear grinding, knocking, or squealing sounds from your AC unit, call a professional for repair right away. These sounds can indicate faulty internal components.
- Poor air quality: Part of the job of your air conditioner is to filter the air entering your home. If you see an uptick in dust or are noticing a rise in allergies and respiratory issues, your air conditioner could be to blame.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner?
Years of near-constant use will take a heavy toll on any AC unit in the extreme Spring, TX climate. While there are many issues that can be solved with a simple repair, in some cases, those repair costs could easily reach the levels of a new unit.
Consider the following signs that it’s time to invest in a new, energy-efficient air conditioner from Morrow Mechanical:
- Your AC unit is over 10 years old: Even with the best preventative maintenance, an air conditioner’s lifespan is roughly 10-15 years. Once it reaches those later years, chances are you’ll find yourself with a much higher repair cost, and in some instances, more frequent repairs.
- Your AC is not energy-efficient: An air conditioner in Texas is going to be one of the most used appliances in the home. And if your unit is on the older side, it can easily be costing you a fortune. New air conditioning units have a minimum SEER rating of 13. SEER refers to the cooling efficiency of an AC unit. If your current AC is less than a SEER 13, you’ll see significant energy savings by upgrading your unit.
- Your AC frequently breaks down: If you’re calling for repairs on the hottest days of the summer, your money could be better spent on a reliable, energy-efficient AC unit. Not only do these repairs add up, but in some instances, the cost of a repair can be close to the cost of a replacement unit altogether. Our air conditioning contractors always provide a range of upfront prices so you can choose the best one for your home and budget.
- Your home is uncomfortable: Do you notice that some rooms are stuffy while others are too cold? Does your house feel too humid despite the AC running at full speed? The components of your existing AC unit may have irreversible wear and tear that warrants an upgrade to a new AC.
Whether you need AC repair or a complete replacement, Morrow Mechanical has you covered! Contact our team in The Greater Houston Area for an expert opinion!
Our AC Maintenance Process
At Morrow Mechanical, we have a full 22-point checklist that gives our technicians a thorough understanding of your system and its needs. During our AC maintenance service, our technicians will:
- Check condenser coil condition
- Check voltage & amperage on motors
- Check condensate drain and pans
- Check refrigerant charge
- Check motor bearings for wear and tear
- Test compressor starting capabilities
- Lubricate outside fan when applicable
- Check air temperature drop
- Check fan on outside condensing unit
- Water wash condenser coil
- Inspect all electrical components
- Inspect evaporator coil if accessible
- Test capacitors
- Inspect all air filters
- Check all electrical wiring
- Check compressor amp draw
- Check contactor for burnt & pitted points
- Check disconnect
- Check thermostat
- Check indoor fan for balance & cleanliness
- Check service valves for leakage
- Inspect your indoor air quality equipment
Be sure to ask your technicians about our membership plan to take the guesswork out of scheduling maintenance and ensure your AC is always running in top shape!
Why Choose Morrow Mechanical for AC Repair?
At Morrow Mechanical, customer satisfaction is our focus. Our air conditioning contractors are trained to fix the problem correctly the first time and are NATE-certified to ensure the highest standard of service. We back all our work with our customer satisfaction guarantee and any repair work we provide is guaranteed for 2 years.
When you work with us, you can expect hassle-free service from start to finish:
- On-time service: We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. When you schedule air conditioning service, we give you a short two-hour window of arrival so you are not waiting around all day!
- Upfront pricing: Your AC technician will go over all pricing options before proceeding with any work. We want to give you the opportunity to choose which option works best for you and your family. There are never any hidden charges or last-minute fees. We offer flat-rate pricing that charges by the job - not by the hour.
- Professional technicians: All of our service and installation technicians are required to attend weekly training to stay updated on new equipment, new technologies, and new installation techniques. You can feel at ease knowing that Morrow Mechanical Inc only sends the most experienced and qualified technicians to install or repair your air conditioning system.