Hot summers and mild winters make heat pumps a perfect fit for both heating and cooling Spring, TX homes. Unlike traditional HVAC systems that require an indoor furnace and outdoor compressor, one heat pump uses the principles of heat transference to effectively and efficiently heat and cool your home all year long. Since one heat pump doubles as a heater and AC, your initial investment in a heat pump will pay dividends in the long run as you enjoy comfortably conditioned air no matter the season.
When looking for a trusted heat pump service contractor, look no further than Morrow Mechanical. Since 2001, we’ve been helping homeowners keep their heat pumps heating and cooling their homes through the hottest summers and coldest winters. Whether you need a new heat pump installation or your current heat pump needs repairs, our certified technicians can solve your heat pump problems.
Sticking with your traditional heating system? Make sure it’s ready for winter with heating tune-up services.
Signs That It's Time to Replace Your Heat Pump
Heat pumps are reliable heating and cooling systems that last a long time with proper use and maintenance. Contrary to logic, since heat pumps run year-round, it is actually easier on the machinery than if the heating and cooling system were cycling between an AC and a furnace, making them a very reliable option. However, if you notice the following problems cropping up with your heat pump, replacement might be the best option. Warning signs include:
- The system cycles on and off too much
- The compressor freezes
- Heating and cooling is uneven
- Airflow is reduced or restricted
- You hear odd noises coming from the unit
- Humidity levels in the home are too high
Replacing a central heating system with a heat pump can be a good idea for several reasons. Heat pumps run solely on electricity, so Spring, TX families can eliminate extra charges for natural gas. Along with running on electricity, they are more efficient than a natural gas furnace. Switching to a heat pump from a conventional heating system can lessen the environmental impact of your home and save you money in the process.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
Heat pumps are reliable, efficient heating and cooling systems. However, just like any piece of mechanical equipment, problems will eventually pop up, sometimes when you least expect them. If you notice any of the following signs, call for heat pump repairs immediately to stop small problems from turning into a costly breakdown:
- Reduced Airflow: If the airflow is restricted, your heat pump could have a refrigerant leak, icing of coils, or malfunction of the reversing valve. Problems in the ductwork could also be present.
- Strange Noises: If you hear odd noises coming from your heat pump, call for repairs immediately. Gurgling or hissing sounds could indicate air bubbles in the line. Grinding noises could mean the air handler is overheated.
- Increased Utility Bills: A sudden spike in your energy bills could indicate your heat pump is under stress. A trained professional can inspect your heat pump and find the cause.
- Poor Air Quality: A heat pump should be able to regulate humidity and temperature within a given space. If humidity becomes a problem or if you notice that the heat pump can’t keep up, a technician can help restore lost power.
The trained technicians of Morrow Mechanical can diagnose and repair your heat pump quickly and efficiently and get it back to optimal output in no time. With over 20 years of experience, our NATE-certified technicians in The Greater Houston Area can handle any problem you throw at them.
Working With Morrow Mechanical
As a business with an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, Morrow Mechanical stands behind our work. If you’re not completely satisfied with our heat pump repair work, we promise to make it right. We always strive to offer the highest level of customer service with the least amount of inconvenience to you. As a certified Lennox and Goodman dealer, we stock a wide range of high-quality, energy-efficient heat pumps.