Is your AC system running as smoothly as it should? The last thing you need in the Spring, TX heat is for lukewarm air to come out of your vents, or no air at all. If your AC has been acting up and you need a solution, consider the AC filter. When the filter is clogged it will not only affect the temperature of the home but how efficient the system runs as well as the air quality levels within the home. At Morrow Mechanical, we can come into your home and change your filter to restore your system’s cooling power and efficiency. We’ve been in business since 2000, and we know what it takes to keep your AC working at optimum efficiency with expert AC filter service.
Worried that your cooling issues may go beyond a dirty filter? We also offer comprehensive AC repair service to get your unit back up and running.
Why You Need AC Filter Replacement
Having cool air flowing through your vents is just one element of a quality AC system. If that air is dirty, filled with dust and debris, it won’t make your indoor space an enjoyable one. Your air filter plays a big role in keeping your air quality high, and your AC running as efficiently as possible.
When the cool air isn’t able to flow seamlessly through your system, the system will have to work harder and your energy bills will increase as a result. A system that is overworked by lack of filter replacement is also a system that falls victim to frequent breakdowns and a shorter lifespan. When you take the time for AC filter replacement, you can feel secure that your indoor air is clean and you aren’t wasting money unnecessarily.
That said, if you start to experience increased allergy or asthmatic symptoms, these are often common signs that your air filter is most likely clogged. That’s not all either, poor air quality over an extended period can lead to chronic lung and heart disease. Not only is changing the air filter often good for your system and energy bills, but it is also good for your health.
Benefits of Professional AC Filter Replacement Service
Changing your AC filter isn’t the most challenging activity for most homeowners, but it’s still worth the effort to have a professional come in and do it for you. As a homeowner, you aren’t trained to spot small issues or irregularities that may end up costing you a lot in repairs in the future.
Luckily, our experts at Morrow Mechanical are trained to have a keen eye for that sort of thing. When you call in our professionals, you can trust you are getting more than an air filter replacement. Our technicians will notice any areas of the AC system that seem weak or broken while they are changing out the filter. If anything catches their eye, you can trust we will let you know what your next steps should be!
Still, It’s wise to check your air conditioning filter every few months, and then have it changed whenever it is dirty.
There Are Some Differences In Types of Filters
A media filter is more often than not the type of filter that homeowners turn to most. It is known as the most effective at protecting the air conditioning system itself while also protecting you from harmful indoor air quality. The media filter is 85% effective at capturing harmful microbes and large dust particles.
However, there are a few other air filters worth mentioning:
- Fiberglass: They are inexpensive, effective at catching larger debris, and don’t restrict airflow but have to be replaced more often than most other air filters.
- Pleated: They cover a large surface area and can effectively catch small particles like pollen as well as large particles. They are recyclable and only need to be replaced once every three months.
- HEPA: This type of filter will remove 99.997% of particles large and small from the air. It is the most effective air filter on the market but also the most expensive. It is important to ensure these filters remain dry because they could start to grow mold in between the pleats.
- UV: They use light filtration rather than a traditional filter and usually have about a ten-year warranty. Although, you are recommended to use this type of filter in combination with another on the list for best efficacy.
- Electrostatic: They use static electricity to trap particles. However, they only seem to be 20% effective at filtering out dust from the air.
- Washable: Washable air filters are great mainly because they save the environment while saving you money. They got a little more than some of the other filters on the list because they are reusable. They are decently effective at particle removal as well.
Why Work With Us?
When you sign on to work with Morrow Mechanical, you can expect nearly two decades of experience and expertise. What does this mean? It means you are guaranteed customer satisfaction, alongside services that are completed efficiently and correctly the first time around. So, you don’t have to worry about having to call us to repair our own work. We even guarantee our repair work for two years!
Our slogan is “A call to Morrow today is all it takes” and it’s true. We are here to help you no matter the time of day or night. Call us after hours at no extra charge! We will be there promptly.